Knowing makes a difference
Lumivi Diagnostics™, a Canadian medical device company, has developed test kits to assist in the COVID-19 response.
Our company's first COVID-19 response product is the Lumivi Diagnostics’ SARS-CoV-2 IgG Rapid Test Kit, a made-in-Canada rapid serology antibody test. It works by assessing if people have antibodies to the virus, indicating recent or prior infection and may also detect a response to vaccination. While medical understanding about antibodies and individual immunity is still evolving, we believe there’s value in having access to quick, inexpensive and reliable antibody testing right here in Canada.
The Lumivi Diagnostics’ SARS-CoV-2 IgG Test Kit provides results within 15 minutes. It is intended for use by laboratory personnel or other healthcare professionals.
98% Sensitivity and Specificity in 15 Minutes
What it does:
- Detects lgG antibodies to the virus in plasma and serum
- Aids in identifying people with an adaptive immune response to the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which indicates recent or prior infection
- Administered by laboratory personnel or other healthcare professionals
- Not intended to be used for screening patients or to help diagnose patients with suspected COVID-19 infection
- Not intended for home testing (or self-testing)
- The Lumivi Diagnostics’™ SARS-CoV-2 IgG Rapid Test is for laboratory use only, not for point-of-care use.